The school is very fortunate in having a supportive parent body, many of whom give generously of their time and talent in running the Parents’ Association.
The main aim is to organise events, which are either helpful to parents and children of the school such as the Raising Boys’ Acheivement and Internet Awareness Seminars, or are enjoyable and bring the school community closer together such as The Summer Fair. We also raise funds for charity and the school.
Each year we raise in the region of £15,000 and these funds are spent in three different areas:-
- Charity: Each year we nominate a particular charity to support such as Breast Cancer Research and donate in the region of £5,000. The rule of thumb is that money raised from donations from outside the school is given to charity (e.g. prizes for the secret auction from local businesses).
- Supporting School Events: Approximately £1,500 goes to running complimentary events for parents or the children such as the Internet Awareness Evening. We also provided refreshments for the Summer Concert.
- Capital Projects and Initiatives: Over £5,000 goes to the school. We buy things which are outside the general remit of the school, but which will benefit the children. This may be physical resoucres or workshops such as Eating Disorders, Alcohol Awareness and authors’ visits.
PA Organised Events
- Spring Term: The Quiz Night
- Summer Term: Year Three Welcome Drinks, the Summer Fair, and Summer Concert refreshments
- Winter Term: Fireworks Night, Christmas Wrapping paper distribution, The Christmas Fair and Xmas tree sales
- In addition we will organise ad hoc events during the year.
Joining the PA
We are keen to welcome new members, and they can join at any time. There are three ways to join:
- Join as a general member for two years. You can do as much or as little as you like. Generally in the first year you find your feet, attending the events we organise and helping out on the day. If you want to do more, then you can help organise an event, become a secretary or the Chair.
- Join to help a specific event. If the idea of being a member all year is not your thing, you can join a team to help organise a specific event, e.g. the Summer Fair.
- Join to do something new. ThePA is flexibille and open to new suggestions. If you have a good idea for the PA, join up and make it happen!
Anyone interested in joining the PA should contact the school office.