The school has made considerable progress over the past year to educate the school community with regard to parking within the neighbourhood and to encourage alternative transport options. The steps below outline the initiatives undertaken:
Our School Travel Plan (STP) sets out how a school intends to increase levels of walking, cycling and use of public transport for the journey to and from school. It is developed through a partnership involving the school and the Council (in particular Transport and Education). It is based on consultation and engagement with teachers, parents, pupils, governors/boards and other local people.
Staggered Collection & Drop Offs
- Our breakfast club allows parents to drop off as early as 7.30am.
- The nursery school day ends at 3.20pm.
- The Prep school day ends at 3.50pm.
- The Pre-Prep school days ends at 3.30pm.
- After school club runs through to 6pm.
- After school activity clubs end at 5pm.
- We operate two school buses covering routes through Twickenham, Richmond, East Molesey, Kingston Bridge and Hampton.
- We have four games afternoons which are held offsite at NPL Sports Ground where parents can collect children at the end of the games lessons direct from NPL.
- We seek opportunities for parents to collect children direct from external events such as our swimming gala at Teddington Pool and Sports Day at St Mary’s.